We are looking for a enthusiastic SENDCO to work in an Outstanding Secondary Girls School in Bromley.
About the school:
This school is a highly successful and comprehensive girls school, with boys allowed in the sixth form. They have 1,617 students on roll including 492 students in the sixth form. The behaviour of students at this school is excellent, with the vast majority keen to learn and succeed.
Staff at this school are friendly, hardworking and conscientious and they actively promote professional development for all staff. They are a founding member of the highly regarded Bromley Schools Centred Initial Teacher Training Collegiate.
Their purpose is to develop well qualified, confident and appreciative individuals who show tolerance and co-operation and are ready to play positive roles in the international community.
About the role:
This role is a full time opportunity working in a mainstream Secondary School. This is also a September start.
The ideal candidate:
- To be accountable for the learning, achievement and attainment of all students with special needs
and disabilities and to remove any barriers to success.
- To ensure that there is highly effective SEND provision and intervention for every SEND student
at all times.
- Ensure that all members of staff understand and fulfil their statutory responsibilities to fully meet
the needs of each student identified within SEND.
- Liaise with appropriate third parties to ensure all staff are fully trained and briefed regarding SEND
to continually improve provision.
- To ensure the correct identification of pupils with SEND using appropriate specialist assessment
- To ensure the schools meets its legal obligations in relation to SEND including those in EHCPS
and the SEN Code of Practice.
- To act as part of the school leadership group
- Provide the contact details of 2 referees able to cover last 2 year work period
- Will have a valid DBS that is registered on the update service.
In Return, We Offer:
- A dedicated experienced consultant to offer support
- Very competitive rates of pay
- A £200 referral reward program for each teacher to recommend!
World Class Teachers is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and requires all teachers to undergo an enhanced DBS check. If you do not hold a valid DBS we are happy to assist you in your application upon registration.
- Sector Secondary