In recent years Teaching Assistants have been in increasing demand from schools. Teaching assistants are expected to support the teacher with their daily activities in the classroom. The exact duties will vary but general tasks include:
- Telling children stories, listening to them read, reading to them
- Assisting the teacher in planning and preparing lesson activities
- Completing tasks with children that need extra support
- Overseeing and getting involved in group activities
- To encourage learning through play
- Helping with basic admin tasks
- Assisting with group outings and school trips
To be a successful TA you need to enjoy working with children, have a good sense of humour and lots of energy. You must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
We feel our teaching assistants are among some of the best in London and as such we have very high standards of recruitment. We are happy to hear from Teaching Assistants who are graduates, have associated vocational qualifications and who have appropriate experience and background.